Electro-deionisation [EDI] Systems
EDI is a continuous electro-chemical process of water purification where ion specific membranes, mixed bed resin, and a DC voltage across them, replace the standard acid- caustic chemical regeneration process.
- Power / Utilities
- Biotechnology / Pharmaceuticals
- Semiconductor / Electronics
- Surface Finishing (Automotive, etc.)
- Consumer Goods & Cosmetics
- General Industry
- An EDI unit after an RO unit, effectively replaces chemically regenerated deionizer without the chemicals, regeneration steps and associated labor.
- Membranes and electricity replace chemicals and frequent regeneration
- EDI units are mechanically simple when compared to typical regenerable ion exchange systems.
- EDI units are in Continuous operation 24/7 with no halts for deionizer regeneration.
- EDI eliminates all hazardous acid and caustic wastewater neutralization required by chemical deionizer regeneration which result in large excesses of salts to drain.
- As a result of pending workplace and security legislation involving employer liability, more demanding rigorous safety, security and handling protocols will be required that will make chemical-based deionizers more expensive to operate. EDI eliminates this problem.